Hello readers, are you searching on the internet for how to delete a discord server? If yes then stay here and read this article till the end. We have shared simple and working ways to delete the discord server easily on this post. All you have to do is to follow the method given by us and then the discord server will be deleted. Below we have shared the methods. Keep reading.
How to delete a discord server
Discord servers are very useful and it is best if you own a Discord server because you can use it to communicate with people, help people, and do good things with other people. But today we are not talking about the benefits of owning a Discord server, instead, we will discuss how to delete the Discord server.
If you own or created a Discord server and want to delete that Discord server then you should not worry because it is a simple and easy task. The process of deleting a Discord server can be completed in a few clicks and this process will take a maximum of one minute.
Well, you need to be sure you are ready to delete your Discord server before you do it, as you cannot get it back once it has been deleted. Because once you delete your Discord server there is no way to recover it. You can remove the server with too many extra and strange visitors or remove the server that is useless or inactive for now. Below we have shared the simple steps to delete a Discord server.
Deleting your server using Discord desktop app
If you use Discord’s desktop app, follow these steps to delete the Discord server.
- First of all, you have to open the Discord app on the desktop and then click on the Discord server you want to delete.
- To select the server, you’ve to click on it.
- Now you’ll see a list of options under the name of the selected Discord server. You need to click on the “server setting” button from the menu.
- You’ll see an option of “delete the server” on the left side at the end of the sidebar. Click on that option.
- Once you click on that option then a pop-up window will appear on your screen which asks for confirmation. You have to confirm it by entering the name of the Discord server and authentication code.
- This code is required if you have enabled two-factor authentication in the server, otherwise it will not ask for it.
- Once you complete this, then click on the Delete server button to confirm.
- Now Discord will permanently delete the server.
Deleting your server using Discord mobile app
This method is for all users who use the Discord mobile version app. The best part is that you can use this method on your Android and iOS devices. Let’s see the method below.
- In the first step, you have to open the Discord app on your Android smartphone or iPhone. Now open the sidebar by swiping to the left of the screen.
- And the next step is to select the server which you want to delete. To select the server, simply click on it.
- Now a pop-up will appear on your screen. You’ll see an icon of the setting at the bottom of the screen. Click on that Setting icon.
- After this, click on the three-dot menu in the top-right and then click on the option of overview.
- Here, you will see the option of “delete server”. Click on that option and then a pop-up screen will appear for confirmation.
- If you really want to delete the server then click yes. And if you enabled two-factor authentication then enter the six-digit authentication code and confirm you want to delete it.
- Now Discord will permanently delete that server.
Note: You should know that if you delete any server, you will not be able to get that server back. Before deleting the Discord server, you can try alternatives like transfer of ownership. By the way, there are other platforms like Slack where you can create your own server and it will probably better suit your needs. You can use Slack on Android/ iOS/ Windows and other devices.
Final words: Discord is one of those communication platforms where you are able to create your own communication servers and manage them accordingly. In this article, we have shared the methods of deleting a Discord server easily. Share this website link with your friends who want to know how to Delete a Discord Server. We hope this post on GONOWTECH helps you to clear your doubts. And thanks for reading this article till the end.